The DNA technique is a noninvasive technique, by which it is possible in a short time easily and reliably sexing from bloodstain or feathers. Unlike classical surgical endoscopy, this method is neither traumatic nor risky for an individual. The test may be conducted on an individual of every age and at any time of the year. The analysis is based on the isolation of DNA from blood spots, feathers, or eggshells, amplification of specific DNA fragments and subsequent electrophoretic separation.
We implement the possibility of protocol authentication due to the occurrence of fake protocols from bird sexing. From the 11th January 2019, the information about an analyzed individual (species) and the results of analyzes will be provided by phone or email, based on a number of Birds ID and lab code! A protocol must contain an intact watermark as can be seen in the picture here.
You can also find us on each Stock market of exots in Nitra with action prices: Schedule is here.
New: New price advantage of analyzes on sexing DNA technic. There is an option to buy Vouchers for sexing for the different numbers of samples.
Results/ Payment method
Analyzes is done until 4 or 10 works days. We provide results by post, email or phone after paying test by PayPal, bank transfer:
Tatra banka SK55 1100 0000 0026 2625 2786
Postova banka SK74 6500 0000 0000 2023 9430
Prices of analyses from blood stains or feathers depend on the count of the sent samples, length of analysis and the sending way of invoice with results. The prices are as follows:
In case of your interest in testing, please contact us on our address, phone number or by email and we will send you to order form, sampling cart, and instructions.
How to complete order form:
In the order form, please fill your name, address, phone contact or email and species – Latin name, Bird ID, choose if you wish to issue a decorative certificate (for fee 1 euro) or free separate protocol and do not forget to choose the sending option for results (by post mail or email) and waiting for a period for results (4 or 10 days).
Preparation of DNA-containing material for analysis
1) How to prepare a sampling card for bloodstain
On the sampling card it is essential to state the Latin name of species, label your sample (bird ID or your own different mark) and drip the drop of blood into the circle (minimum 3×3 mm, with enough intensity – see the Picture). Then let it dry and send it.
- Each circle contains the blood only from one individual
- Let the samples dry separately
- Do not expose bloodstains to high temperature and moisture
2) How to sample the eggshell
- Remove the shell immediately after the hatching of the individual and label it properly, because it is easy to switch the shells. It must be clear, which shell belongs to which individual.
- It is not recommended to touch the material inside the shell.
- In case the shell is dirty with feces, it needs to be cleaned properly with wet tissues.
- Let the shell dry on air about 24 hours (outer and inner surface should be dry).
- It is possible to directly label shell or it can be put into labeled bags (plastic or paper).
- The shell of one individual must be in separate bags and must be labeled with bird ID.
- Separate bags with shells need to be sent in a box to avoid their crushing during transportation.
3) How to collect feathers
For analysis are required 6 ripped breast feathers. Feathers must contain the root of the feather, this part is the most important for analysis. Put the ripped feathers into a closeable plastic bag or in a paper envelope. In the case of sending feathers from more individuals, each individual should have feathers put in separate bags or envelopes to avoid the mixing of feathers.